5 Best Mountain Bikes under 300 Dollars in 2017
Mountain biking offers a sense of adventure and freedom that is often missing in daily life. You love the sport, but let's face it, not many people can afford thousands of dollars on a bike and equipment.
The good news is that you can get a very good quality mountain bike for a reasonable cost. Here are our picks for the best mountain bike under 300 dollars.
We've attempted to include bikes that will appeal to as many riders as possible because no one bike fits every person's needs.
Take a look at our list, find your ideal mountain bike and then get ready to set out on the adventure of your choice.
Our Choice for 5 Best Mountain Bikes Under 300 Dollars
Now onto our choices for the top mountain bikes. We tried to find a style that was made for each family member to help you narrow your decision regardless of who is getting the bike.
We hope this helps you feel less overwhelmed with the number of choices available. Before going to further details, we are going to discuss a very important part and it's about how to choose a perfect mountain that suits your requirement.
Here is some key section: (you can read the whole by visiting the link below)
Are you very new and want to start mountain biking? Do you need details on how to choose a mountain bike? Don't worry! You will get every details and you can easily choose your mountain bike perfectly.
Content at a glance
- Problems of not choosing the right bike
- Common mistakes or misconception while choosing a mountain bike
- How to choose a perfect mountain bike
- Choose The Right Fit
Start Reading Now
So, why you are waiting? Let's start learning. We have been trying to improve the quality and keep the information updated. This will not waste your time.
Check on Amazon
Schwinn High Timber Mountain Bike
Men's Bike, 29" wheel, 21 Speed, Front Suspension, Color matte Black
Mongoose Detour Mountain Bike
Men's Bike, 26" wheel, 21 Speed, Dual Suspension, Color Black
Granite Peak 26″ Ladies Mountain Bike
Women's Bike, 26" wheel, 21 Speed, Front Suspension, Color Black
HASA Kids Mountain Bike
Kid's Bike, 24" wheel, 21 Speed, Front Suspension, Color white/Black
Kent Thruster KZ2600 Mountain Bike
Unisex Bike, 26" wheel, 21 Speed, Dual Suspension, Color Black
Schwinn bikes have long held the reputation of being dependable and this one is no exception. This bike features a seat that is adjustable for anyone from approximately 5'8" tall to 6'2" and has been tested for those weighing up to 290 pounds.
The steel frame makes it sturdy and it has an excellent record on city streets and highways. This bike also has a front fork suspension system. This one may get you some rides on dirt roads, but it isn't made for rough mountain paths.
If you are seeking a bike that can handle cross-country road trips, this is one bike to consider as it can handle that kind of travel well.
- Fits many body sizes comfortably
- Sturdy steel frame
- Does well on long road trips along the highway
- Pedals are only about an inch from front wheel
- Bike may be heavier can some riders can comfortably handle
- Seat isn't comfortable for riders with wider bottoms
Learn More Details
Mongoose has built a strong reputation and this mountain bike doesn't disappoint. This full-suspension bike is made to navigate the tough trails you seek out. It's 21 speeds cover all your needs and you can shift easily with the trigger shift controls.
The aluminum frame allows for easier control than with a heavier bike and the quick release tires make taking care of a flat quick and easy so you can get back to your ride.
Having linear rear brakes and disc front brakes, you are able to stop quickly in a variety of weather conditions.
Those who do not have a great deal of experience mountain biking may find this bike a bit heavy to control comfortably.
- All-weather brakes
- Can handle everything from city streets to rough mountain paths
- Quick-release tires for repairs or storage
- Included seat is uncomfortable for many
- Shifting takes some getting used to
- May be "too much" if you're only riding is in the city
Learn More Details
This is an excellent bike for those just starting out with mountain biking. The 18 speeds are enough to keep you riding on a variety of terrain and the bike is light enough to make it easy to handle.
The tires feature a knobby tread that allows for great gripping on dirt and wet pavement. Created with a person of shorter stature, this bike may not be suitable with those with long legs. The weight limit is listed at 200 pounds.
The steel frame has front-fork suspension and the gears are shifted with a twist control.
- Ideal for those who find most mountain bikes too big
- Tires have great grip on most surfaces
- Comfortable seat for longer rides
- Pedal is close to front tire which causes issues with some riders
- Distance between seat and handlebars appears to be short
- Not created for larger body types
Learn More Details
4. HASA Kids Mountain Bike 21 Shimano
We chose this one for the younger riders looking for a quality mountain bike that will last a while. HASA has been creating competition winning bikes for many years now and this one doesn't disappoint those already familiar with their products.
The frame and most of the essential components are made of an aluminum alloy that is both lightweight yet strong. There is a lifetime warranty on the frame and a one-year warranty on all parts except tires and brakes.
This bike offers both front and rear brakes and fork suspension. There are three shifters on the left and seven on the right.
- Durable frame and parts that can handle what a kid puts a bike through
- Unisex design that appeals to both girls and boys equally
- Can keep up with most adult mountain bikes
- Made for kids in the 9-12 year old range so has limited longevity regarding size
- Only comes in white which is not an ideal color according to most kids
- Replacement parts may be difficult to find in many bike shops
Learn More Details
This heavy-duty aluminum frame mountain bike was created with the serious mountain biker in mind.
Full suspension creates a smooth ride over the roughest terrain and the 21-speed shifters making adjusting to changes quickly and easily, allowing you to minimize the number of delays for obstacles. When you must stop, front disc brakes make it easy to do so.
The wheelset features a V-shape rim profile and high-flange alloy hubs. Tires are wide and created to withstand obstacles such as small stones and twigs.
The 19" frame allows most riders anywhere between five and six feet to fit comfortably. The weight limit is listed at 280 pounds.
- Many parts are those found on higher-priced bicycles
- Handles rough terrain well and can navigate over small stones and sticks without hesitation
- Adjustable for a wide variety of body sizes
- Not good for constant jumps or to be used as a trick bike
- Wheels are not quick release
- Assembly may require professional help
Learn More Details
Our #1 Choice from the list:
If we were to choose one from our list as the best mountain bike under 300 dollars, it would be the Kent Thruster KZ2600 Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike, 26-Inch.
This bike is the one that offers the best chance of doing what the most people want. It is a high-quality bike at an affordable price. Whatever bike you choose, may you enjoy many hours exploring.
Mountain biking will always hold a special place in a large number of lives. Today, whole families can enjoy biking together. Bikes have evolved to accommodate many riding styles and there is a perfect bike waiting for you.
Take time to do your homework and understand your own needs on where you will be riding and what you value most, whether it is speed, comfort or the chance to explore trails that have long been forgotten. Only you can be the final judge of what bike is the best for you.